the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fred Pfeiffer A Spector Is Haunting Texas 1971

by Fritz Leiber
This book has had several printings and covers. Fritz was a multiple winner of
the Hugo and Nebula awards as well as the World Fantasy award. One would think this
would have made Fred happy to grace one of his books. He turned in one of his most brilliant works.
A  smorgasbord of colors and detail.from the background landscape, machinery, moons and lasers
to the mans slippers and the girls dress with it's designs and wrinkles... plus she is just beautiful
although I don't think she is very interested in his light show. I am not sure if Fred posed for this and
changed up the face a little or it could be Steve Holland again as it looks a little like him.. I wonder what he did with that codpiece.

this is one of my personal favorites by Fred.
Scotty

2 comments:

Fred Pfeiffer Artist said...

This is a beautiful and amazing piece of work Dan Fowlkes is the owner of the original painting. I would love to see it in person! There is a nice vertical Pfeiffer signature along the side of the building on the upper right.

The back cover is intersting where it has a blown up patch of blue from her dress. It was difficult to figure out what part of her dress it was from, until Jay Ryan figured out that that the section of blue was printed upside down!

Courtney

Rob Weilert said...

I'm so glad to hear that the original is still in existence. I almost fainted when Fred told me that he tossed away most of the art that came back to him. I couldn't believe it. But, Fred himself must've been very proud of this piece for it to have survived. I think this one is NOW my favorite. It's beautiful!