the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Monday, March 21, 2011

Fred Pfeiffer : the Scapegoat - 1970

by Daphne du Maurier
Fred does epic in small space.
There is the lovely dark haired model
that shows up on many of these covers.
Wish I knew who she was. I bet she
has a lot of stories about Fred if she
actually posed for him for these covers.

I always find something on these Daphne
covers that spark an interest in the story.
Here it is the two houses. the young girl in
one and the older lady in the other. Of course
the man has his shirt off.

SP

1 comment:

Courtney Rogers said...

I have a laminated cover of this that I bought from Half Price Books. They were taking off covers from books (I think the books were damaged)and running them through the laminating machine and selling for $2.00. I was surprised in going through the pile and finding this. I already had the complete book.