the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fred Pfeiffer : the Three Daughters of Madame Liang - 1971

by Pearl S. Buck
Another early piece
for the Buck series.

It looks like Fred was doing these
in gouache. Nice, simple illustration.
I spotted this one on eBay and the
master Pfeiffer Finder, Courtney found
a copy. Thanks, Mr. Rogers.

SP

2 comments:

Rob Weilert said...

I remember having this book in my collection, and that couple embracing was reproduced from a photo of Fred and his wife Mercedes, because I remember now after seeing this cover that my Aunt Millie (Fred's mother) had that photograph and showed it to me. It was a shot of them standing embraced in what may have been Central Park.

This is another of those works where I just love the way Fred is able to make bold colors harmonize.

Courtney Rogers said...

It is really fantastic to find a series that Pfeiffer was painting. When you go into a used store, it is usually the first (and easiest) place to look for another book under the same author. It looks like Fred did the whole Pocket series for Daphne DuMaurier and Pearl S. Buck. At least for a certain year of printing.