the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Friday, November 19, 2010

Fred Pfeiffer : STUDD - 1972

by Anthony Cullen
An Avon Men's Adventure
Big game safari with a Ray Gun.
'

I would do a joke about this
being my biography...sigh.
the man looks kinda like
Stewart Granger and the girl
looks like she doesn't really care.
She has that ..."oh, take care of it darling"
look about her. I do like his gun.
This is another Pfeiffer cover that shows
up in internet searches for Fred..
SP

3 comments:

Rob Weilert said...

I remember having this paperback book in my now-lost collection. In fact, I think I can even remember where I bought my copy of this book because of an event my memory cells associate with it.

Fred had his own very unique style of painting trees in a background. I can easily spot a Pfeiffer cover if it features a tree...as much an identifier for me as his signature itself.

Courtney Rogers said...

Rob, I agree with you. Trees and background splashes help immediately identify a Pfeiffer piece to me.

That, and the way he paints clothes and has darkened eyes.

Oh, and the types of colors he uses!

Mitch Itkowitz said...

If anyone is interested in buying this original, the price is $500.
you can contact me at mitkowitz@hvc.rr.com

Mitch Itkowitz/Graphic Collectibles