the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fred Pfeiffer : I'll Never Be Young Again - 1971

by Daphne du Maurier

A Charming illustration that shows some
dreamers. I love art that shows contemplation.
This cover speaks to me on that level. I wonder
what the subjects are thinking. They look more like they
are in deep thought than looking out a window to me.
I get to participate in this Illustration not only as a
possible book purchaser but as a lover of art as well.
This piece is very pretty and the girl and her dress are
beautiful. The clock must be symbolic to the title/piece as they/we all
feel time ticking by and we can never go back... a great touch to the
illustration. 
    I wonder if Fred used another medium on this
as the background looks like colored pencils or pastel chalk.

SP

1 comment:

Courtney Rogers said...

Another recent find on a trip to Tucson in November 2010. It was a surprise to find yet another Pfeiffer illustration on a Pocket Daphne DuMaurier paperback. After finding 10 of these covers, I am hoping that there are more!

Once again, Fred gives us quite a lot to look at and study in this illustration.