the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Friday, October 15, 2010

Scotty Phillips IS the Man!

Scotty is the one who came up with the Pfeiffer blog idea, had/has the technical and artitistic ability to make everything work and look wonderful, and the one who has been logging the book covers and starting the posts. I am very indebted to him to making the quest to get Fred Pfeiffer info out there to where people can find it and for coming up with this blog idea that will gain new knowledge and artwork for all of us....and making it all of OUR quest!

Thanks Scotty. The day you emailed me after seeing the Doc Con 11 video of me giving a Pfeiffer presentation (put out there by Billy Lampkin) has really given me a great friend. And it has given me alot of terrific Doc Savage Pfeiifer-by-Phillips oil paintings for my home, too.

3 comments:

cardstuntman said...

Thank You, Courtney.

Without content there would be no blog. You have supplied the covers and all the hard leg work to get us where we are and where we are going. Your contacts and detective work also have made the difference. Big Thanks to you.

Fred Pfeiffer interests me and has since I saw his Doc Savage covers. I like how he went his own way, broke some rules and turned in some of my favorites. Yes, I was/am a Doc Savage Fanboy. I love all the illustrators that graced those covers. Fred's stand out for me because his vision of Doc was truly all his own.

I wish the majority of the other Doc Savage and James Bama fans could have looked at Fred's covers then and saw that even though it was not a Bama Doc Savage cover...It was a Doc cover and it was by someone not trying to imitate Bama, but a new trailblazer creating a mood and figure that stood on his own. This blog is a way to say thanks and show everyone what a talent slipped by us. Thanks, Fred.

In the coming weeks we have a lot to share. I know over time this blog will attract Fred Pfeiffer Fans and help create new ones.
They are out there and they will come here...eventually. Lets have fun til they get here and build them a museum worthy of
Fred and his wonderful talent.

onward,
Scotty Phillips

Fred Pfeiffer Artist said...

Scotty-

That could not have been said better.

I also appreciate the amazing comments provided so far from Rob Weilert and Stan Shaw. Everyone seems to be having fun with all of this, especially me.

Courtney

Rob Weilert said...

On behalf of our family, Scotty, thank you so very much for what you're doing with Courtney to help preserve and perpetuate the memory of Fred and his art. As I sit here tonight enjoying this blog, I lift my small glass of brandy in a most sincere toast to you and Courtney, in honor of what you're accomplishing.

At the same time, I hope that all who visit this blog and reflect on what it represents, will observe a moment of silence for Fred and all the other illustrators deserving of esteem, who never lived long enough to see their work so appreciated.

Rob Weilert