the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Why Fred Pfeiffer?

....you may ask yourself. There are several reasons to have a Fred Pfeiffer presence on the web.

First, Fred Pfeiffer was an amazing artist and illustrator. It will be a pleasure to present his talent to a wider and unsuspecting audience.

Second, there is very little information out there on Fred Pfeiffer. Our aim is to rectify that oversight. I have been doing research on Mr. Pfieffer since 2007. I have had great resources of information, although not enough to paint a complete biographical sketch of the man. He deserves to be more well-known and not be regulated to obscurity.

Third, I want to find out other sources out there to add to my knowledge of Fred Pfeiffer and to discover more of his artwork. Since 2007, I have spent countless hours in used bookstores throughout the country going methodically through the bookstore and seeing if I can find another book with his artwork. When I first started my search, I only knew of the 13 (well, 14 actually)  Doc Savage covers that he did. Today, I have almost 100 books that are graced by his artwork, which were found mostly by manually going through thousands and thousands of books. Of those, there are maybe 5 where I am not quite sure they are Pfeiffer's. I would also like to hear from others that own original Pfeiffer art. I have one piece from Advise and Consent, an Avon book published in 1972.

So, come along with Scotty Phillips and I as we share the information and artwork that we have compiled on Fred Pfeiffer. Thanks for looking!

Courtney Rogers
Glendale, AZ

1 comment:

Hollis McCray-Clark said...


Thank you for this website honoring my friend Fred.

Hollis McCray-Clark