the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Young Fred Pfeiffer

I am so happy that we here at the Pfeiffer Pfiles have
Robert Weilert (Fred's 1st Cousin) as a charter member
and active commenter. Rob has already been a wealth
of information and a contributor for the Blog. He recently shared
a few pictures from the family album of a very young Fred.

He has also shared some of Fred's earliest paintings. I have placed them
in a slide show at the bottom of the page. There is a active area to the right
where you can enlarge the presentation as well as a pause.

Thank You, Robert for your kindness and efforts to make the Pfeiffer Pfiles
 infinitely better than it would be without you.

Scotty Phillips

3 comments:

Rob Weilert said...

Thank you Scotty. I just can't thank you and Courtney ENOUGH for the wonderful thing you're doing in the form of this blog dedicated to Fred and his art. It's such a pleasure to visit this site and see so many works by Fred that I don't remember seeing before.

I feel my own small contributions have been very pale compared to what you and Courtney have done to rescue Fred's art from obscurity.
I am just so grateful to you both, and when I'm able to help out with a photo or two from the family album, or able to help define Fred's character with my comments about what I remember from my conversations with him, I feel like maybe I'm slowly making amends for not staying in touch with him enough during the last two decades of his life. If I had reached out to him more and really tried to impress upon him just how proud the family was of his artistic accomplishments, maybe...just maybe...he'd still be with us today...and still painting.

Thanks again Scotty for this great GREAT tribute to my cousin Fred.

cardstuntman said...

You are very welcome, Robert. I really enjoy having you here. This site is for Fred Pfeiffer fans. I am one. I love his art, design and imagination. I hope when we get the majority of it up that he would be proud of it as well.

Thanks again to you, Stan and my good friend Courtney for giving us so much of the content here.

Courtney Rogers said...

Rob, this picture you provided of young Fred is just priceless.

It makes me sad looking at this picture of a sweet young boy and then knowing what would come in the end.

Nevertheless, Rob, this site was created to have someone like you and Stan, and hopefully others, be able to reminisce or add content or just add thoughts that would be able to enrich all of us.