the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Advise and Consent Original Artwork

From the Courtney Rogers Collection. The original art from the cover of "Advise and Consent".
Fred posed for many of his covers. I am pretty sure that is him with the briefcase and papers under his arm .
Fred was also a very snappy dresser and looked as if he could have modeled for GQ.. I will get a bigger picture of this painting  for a future post.

Scotty

2 comments:

cardstuntman said...

On the Cover of the paperback this Illustration was a part of it was reproduced in a very small area of the book. The Authors name was very big and the Pffeiffer signature was easy to spot.

Fred Pfeiffer Artist said...

I bought this from Graphic Collectibles in December 2007. I was not sure that I should buy it at first because of money,wall space constraints, and the thought of "what if I find a Pfeiffer that I like better?" I don't have the resources to buy everyone I find, even if I would love to.

Needless to say, there is not alot of original Pfeiffer art out there, and I am very happy with this piece, now that I have it.