the Pfeiffer Pfiles Presents....the Art Work of Artist Fred Pfeiffer

Fred Pfeiffer was an American Artist
He worked as an Illustrator out of N.Y.N.Y. and
L.A. CA. in the late 60's thru the 70's and into the 80's

Monday, September 3, 2018

Fred Pfeiffer - Battle Road 1969


Here is a Macfadden paperback from 1969. While I do not see a Pfeiffer signature, this style is in his early work and he did do covers for Macfadden in this time period.

I got this book at Under Charlie's Covers in Bernalillo, NM recently.

3 comments:

Hollis McCray-Clark said...

I recently spoke to my sister who knew Fred longer than me, for many, years.
Fred told her that "he felt his art was unappreciated during his many years of producing the highest quality artwork!"

He saw Pop artists getting so many accolades for their artwork and he felt their work was not on such a high level, deserving all the praise (i.e. copies of soup cans, squares and simple lines, etc.).
Consequently, he felt even though he worked hard on his art it was not appreciated by the masses.
Thank you for this Memorial to Fred. He is highly appreciated! I saw original artwork that looked like photographs to me when he finished, even though I saw him while painting! His skill level was that great!
I guess social media and the internet has grown-up now. It is much easier to communicate with anyone all over the world. His soul lives. I thank you all for giving Fred his due praise for his genius level artwork, on the highest skill levels known. Thank you.
Hollis McCray-Clark

cardstuntman said...

HEY Hollis
so glad to hear from you.
thanks for the kind words.
We have been waiting for you.
If you see this drop me a line at cardstutman@ gmail dot com

would love to talk to you.
Scotty

Hollis McCray-Clark said...

Hello Scotty.

Thanks Scotty. Just sent you an e-mail.

Hollis McCray-Clark